Wednesday, January 4, 2012

they are dying!

Your plans are Sovereign, but I can’t comprehend them
Father, do not turn a deaf ear to my weeping!
See, your sheep are deceived
the people of this earth following a deceiver
he clothes himself with light, blinding the simple minded
Oh Father, destruction is their end!
How they wander blindly searching for hope, settling for simple answers they think will save them!
Oh Lord, why?
You have seen my nights of restless slumber
I cry out to you when the sun is high and when it sets
You burden me with sorrow
My prayers continue on for years, and I cannot see Your answers
Oh, Lord, whom I love, rescue Your beloved!
Oh how I love You, and how You frighten me.
I am terrified in Your presence.
Your sovereignty overwhelms me
I am afraid to swerve from Your course
Oh Lord, show me how fleeting is my life that I may not pass disillusioned
Fill me with the fire of Your word
Open my lips that I may boldly proclaim Your salvation
Earthly pleasures forsake me; I need You ever more!
I will die if I don’t hear Your voice.
If You were to become silent, I would hate my life
Oh, how I lose sight! How quickly I am lulled to sleep
I want to know the God I serve!
I want to know the nuances in Your voice; I need to know Your presence.
I want to know the penetration of Your gaze, and fall prostrate in the blinding light of Your presence.

Father, equip us to rescue Your sheep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

for the glory of Jesus Christ

All glory and honor be to God.



contact me at karinmcvay@hotmail.com