Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jesus

It's like i've never known you before
until today
and i'm so tired of this horrible feeling
that you're not pleased with me
that i'm being disobedient
tired of telling you only what's in my mind
and not what's deep in my heart
now, i tell you straight
like i've told only a few i trust most closely
but without shame of fearing reproach
and you're my best friend
i hold your hand
and my tears blur the road as i drive
and i know and have known that you have known all along
those feelings and thoughts i don't even tell in writing
but i trust you, now
and i can't believe you're sitting here beside me
and i think i've never known love before now
something that can't be put in words
but close to 'reassurance'
i still feel dirty, but you're still beside me
and the wonder that you want me
that's love
and it's not exactly comfortable
cause you're peering through the depths of my soul
but overwhelming
like being crushed by some wonderful terrible thing
and i'm just so thankful to know you
thank you--
with all that i am--
for wanting to know me too

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Have you ever read "The Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning? If not...well...it's a must-read!

    ReplyDelete

for the glory of Jesus Christ

All glory and honor be to God.



contact me at karinmcvay@hotmail.com