Thursday, September 30, 2010

progressing regression

disorder of my past
hewn into my present
i spoke it's name,
all eyes on me
they assume i'm healed
i'm not

i pledged my life to a fathered vision
one i thought my own, but now i question
has it been my pride to volunteer succession
so the road ahead is clear?

i hold thick questions
and they smother my words
as they sit like sponges on my tongue

i thought I knew myself better,
just a year ago
thought i knew my future,
now i'm not so sure
and a heart that's stronger also feels much harder
like new leather, i'm trying to break it in

growing younger
it's clarity i seek
i'm under cloud cover
and it's mist that my fists beat
as i stagger towards a vision
that's tunneled to one end

Oh blessed seed of Zion
replace my will with Yours

if i am weak in my sickness
and You desire weakness
then i'll gladly be sick until You come

Here, my King
I've burned my dreams
and this remains

this is the gold

I need no other
I need no other
though i'm ill
though i'm ill
I need no other
though I know not my future
and doubt my vision
I follow You alone

1 comment:

for the glory of Jesus Christ

All glory and honor be to God.



contact me at karinmcvay@hotmail.com